Alumni can lend a hand to current students and each other by joining our Alumni Career Network. Members of this network join a database accessible by current students. When students approach the Career Center for networking assistance, students will often reach out to alumni with similar interests and professional goals. When you sign up, you will receive a profile in our alumni mentor database, Handshake, as well as occasional email communications from us notifying you of on-campus events and career-related updates.
Join Alumni Career Network
Alumni who work with the Career Center serve as valuable members of the Valpo community after graduation. There is no long-term commitment from members of the Alumni Career Network, and members can specify how they might be of service, including:
- Providing career information and advice in person or by phone
- Visiting campus to participate in career-related events and activities such as mock interviews and speed networking.
- Helping recruit students for internships and summer positions
- Recruiting students for full-time jobs
- Connecting with students and alumni via LinkedIn
Additionally, the Career Center is always looking for Valpo alumni to speak with students on campus about a variety of workplace and job search topics. To learn more about these opportunities, visit the Career Center’s alumni page, or contact Tom Cath at 219.464.5005 or firstname.lastname@example.org.